Beef meatballs with zucchini keto pasta. Beef meat is a popular choice for many people, especially in dinner dishes. However, the ketogenic diet requires us to choose high-fat beef, for example with 80/20 proportions. This meat does not contain carbohydrates, which is why it is perfect for people on keto – it is also perfect when it comes to making delicious meatballs!
In this dish, the second violin is played by zucchini, a vegetable often underestimated. Although its taste is not particularly pronounced, zucchini is a source of potassium, iron and magnesium, as well as vitamins C, K, PP and B1. It is also low in calories and low in carbohydrates. It also has a positive effect on digestive processes and adds lightness to our dish!
Beef meatballs with zucchini keto pasta
- Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes | Servings: 2
- 500 g ground beef
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 200 g zucchini
- Mix the beef, beaten egg and Parmesan cheese with the spices of your choice. Create balls with a diameter of about 2.5 cm.
- Fry the meatballs on each side over high heat. Then reduce it, add marinara sauce and cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Make zucchini pasta (preferably use a vegetable spiralizer) and fry it with a small amount of oil for no more than 2 minutes. Remember to stir or toss it constantly in the pan.
- Add meatballs on top of zucchini pasta. Bon Appetit!
Nutritional values per serving:
- Fat: 43% (35 g)
- Protein: 52% (52 g)
- Net carbohydrates: 5% (4 g)
- kcal: 575