One of the popular high-fat dishes is chicken curry with coconut milk. This somewhat oriental dish tastes delicious and additionally provides many nutrients. The main source of protein is of course chicken, but the company of coconut milk, rich in fiber and fat, makes it a very healthy, valuable dish. It is impossible not to mention more the properties of coconut milk: it lowers cholesterol, reduces appetite and helps people with ulcers.
Chicken with curry and coconut milk is a characteristic Indian dish. It has a warming effect and is very filling. An additional advantage is the speed and simplicity of preparation, and the real pleasure for the senses will be the smell of golden curry. The addition of curry, called the healthiest spice in the world, not only gives a unique taste, but also has an antiviral effect, accelerates metabolism and has a positive effect on digestive processes.
Chicken curry with coconut milk
- Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 40 minutes | Servings: 4
- 1/2 white onion, cubed
- 700 g chicken thighs without skin and bones
- 400 ml canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups green beans
- 1 tablespoon of ground curry
- Fry the onion in olive oil until it is vitrified, and then remove it from the pan.
- Heat the pan to high temperature and fry the chicken 3-5 minutes on both sides. When it’s ready, crush it with a fork.
- Add pre-fried onions, coconut milk, chopped green beans, ground curry, salt and pepper to the minced chicken and simmer for 20 minutes. After this time, the chicken should be soft and the beans delicately cooked. Bon Appetit!
Nutritional values per serving:
- Fat: 27% (16 g)
- Protein: 64% (38 g)
- Net carbohydrates: 9% (5 g)
- kcal: 325