Dietary Cauliflower Chowder With Bacon. Cauliflower is a vegetable whose properties are particularly praised by people who want to get rid of excess weight. It is low in calories, but contains many valuable nutrients, as well as sulforaphane, which is an anti-cancer compound.
The ketone diet recommends eating vegetables that grow above ground, so all brassicas will be the right choice. A good dietary cauliflower soup will provide us with fiber and will be a filling meal. Vegetable goes well with toppings.
How to cook cauliflower soup? Check the recipe!
- Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 60 minutes | Servings: 4
Components of bacon cauliflower chowder
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 small, chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 16 slices of bacon
- Divide the cauliflower into florets, put them in hot oil, add carrots and onions to them. Heat until the onion is glassy and the vegetables soft.
- Add 4 glasses of water and bring to a boil. Let it cook for an hour. Stir occasionally. Add cream at the end of cooking. (Harden, mixing with a little soup before pouring it into the pot.)
- Fry the bacon to make it crispy. Cut into small strips and add to the soup served, sprinkling it with it so that it does not lose its crunchiness.
Nutritional values per serving:
- Fat: 49% (19 g)
- Protein: 38% (15 g)
- Net carbohydrates: 13% (5 g)
- kcal: 275