French savory crepes. We all know the sweet varieties of pancakes, whether with jam or with chocolate or nut cream, or maybe with powdered sugar. However, savory French pancakes are equally tasty and nutritious. Instead of apple mousse – cheddar cheese, and instead of chocolate pieces – deli ham.
Check out our offer, thanks to which you will always come back to the salty version of pancakes! This recipe is the perfect variation of sweet pancakes that every ketogenic diet should include.
French savory crepes recipe
- Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes | Servings: 2
- 2 large eggs
- 50 g cream cheese
- 100 g cheddar – grated or finely chopped
- 100 g delicately chopped fine ham
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Mix and beat the eggs and cream cheese to a smooth dough-like consistency.
- Add 1/4 of the dough to a hot, slightly greased pan – spread the dough quickly, forming a thin cake that will touch the edges of the pan. Fry for 2 minutes, then turn the cake over and fry another 2 minutes. Repeat the above rolling at least 3 times until the whole cake is evenly fried.
- French crepes fillings. Add 25 g cheddar cheese, 25 g ham and 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard in the center of each of the 4 pancakes. Bend the edges of the pancake to close the filling inside and fry for 20 seconds so that the pancake does not fall apart when sliced.
- Cut the pancake diagonally and serve 4 triangular parts of the pancake for 1 portion. Bon Appetit!
Nutritional values per serving (the recipe above contains two suggested servings):
- Fat: 50% (34 g)
- Protein: 47% (32 g)
- Net carbohydrates: 3% (2 g)
- kcal: 450