Keto cod cooked with marinara sauce. Recipes of the ketogenic diet abound in fish products, i.e. those where the amount of protein, vitamins and healthy Omega-3 fat is definitely greater than the unwanted carbohydrate.
One of the most popular fish is cod – a source of unsaturated fatty acids and important micro- and macroelements. The properties of cod mean that regular consumption of this fish will support our immune system, and Omega-3 fatty acids have a beneficial effect on our heart and general circulatory system. Although the most common are cod in breadcrumbs with French fries or potatoes and sauerkraut, it is worth trying new flavors and interesting combinations.
Preparation of cod with marinara sauce is surprisingly simple, and we leave the recipe to try it yourself.
Keto cod cooked with marinara sauce
- Preparation time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes | Servings: 2
- 2 fillets of cod, approx. 250 g
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup herb-tomato marinara sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 cups green beans
- Heat the olive oil with the marinara sauce over medium heat. Add bay leaves, a pinch of pepper and salt to taste, and then pour a glass of water. The whole choke for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the flame under the pan and add the cod fillets. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, in the meantime turning over the fillets.
- In a second frying pan, sauté the green beans in a tablespoon of olive oil and keep on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- When the cod fillet is stewed and its meat is opaque, the dish is ready. Serve with warm beans. Bon Appetit!
Nutritional values per serving:
- Fat: 30% (20 g)
- Protein: 63% (43 g)
- Net carbohydrates: 7% (5 g)
- kcal: 390