Keto Ice Cream: Homemade Stracciatella ice cream. When we think about a cool snack on a hot summer, ice cream comes to mind first. Maybe instead of rushing to the supermarket, it’s worth making your own keto ice cream? They are equally tasty and healthier at the same time.
All we need is an ice cream machine and a home-made ice cream recipe. Who wants fancy vanilla keto ice cream with pieces of chocolate, called stracciatella?
Keto Ice Cream: Homemade Stracciatella ice cream
- Preparation time: 30 minutes Cooking time: 0 minutes | Servings: 4
- 2/3 cup granulated erythritol
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 3/4 cup cream fondant
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips with no added sugar
- Pour erythritol into a fondant pot, add vanilla extract, a pinch of salt and heat on low heat to dissolve the ingredients.
- Beat the yolks in a bowl. Slowly add 1-2 tablespoons of hot fondant while whipping to prevent the eggs from boiling.
- Pour the mixture of yolk and fondant into the pan and heat on low heat until it reaches the proper density. To do this, immerse the spoon and see if after removing the mixture covers its back. Then leave to cool completely.
- Pour the batter into the ice-cold machine overnight and follow the machine’s instructions. Add chocolate chips for the last 5 minutes. Put in the freezer for a minimum of 4 hours. Stracciatella ice cream is ready!
Tip: Add 1 tablespoon of vodka in step 3 to keep the ice cream soft when frozen.
Nutritional values per serving:
- Fat: 82% (43 g)
- Protein: 9% (5 g)
- Net carbohydrates: 9% (5 g)
- kcal: 440