Keto pizza casserole. Pizza without flour? Although it sounds like an oxymoron, it is possible, and it can be tasty and healthy. Pizza Casserole mainly consists of chicken, ricotta cheese, which is characterized by easily digestible protein, and zucchini, which has deacidifying properties.
Zucchini consists mainly of water, which is why it has very low caloric content, but provides essential nutrients, e.g. magnesium, potassium and B group vitamins. It is also an important vegetable in cancer prevention, and due to the low glycemic index can be consumed without fear by diabetics.
The following recipe is a combination of high-quality protein from two sources, chicken and ricotta, and full of healthy zucchini ingredients. It is worth noting that zucchini does not absorb heavy metals, so we do not have to worry about its contamination.
Keto pizza casserole is one of the suggestions of a full-fledged meal, whose main ingredient is fats. The following recipe is proof that the ketogenic diet, apart from beneficial effects on physical and mental processes, is simply delicious.
Keto pizza casserole
- Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 35 minutes | Servings: 4
- 450 g chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 340 g ricotta cheese
- 2 large zucchini, diced
- 100 g pepperoni, cut into slices
- 1 cup of crushed mozzarella
- Fry the drumsticks in oil over medium heat. When they are soft, crush them with a fork.
- Combine chicken, ricotta, zucchini, half slices of pepperoni, salt and pepper in a 23x35cm heat-resistant dish and bake for 25 minutes at 160 ° C.
- 5 minutes before the end of baking, sprinkle the top of the pizza with grated mozzarella and the rest of the sliced pepperoni. Finish baking and serve to the table.
Nutritional values per serving:
- Fat: 42% (34 g)
- Protein: 52% (42 g)
- Net carbohydrates: 6% (5 g)
- kcal: 500