Keto strawberry smoothie. The ketogenic diet is one of the most popular low carbohydrate diets. It is based on the elimination of simple sugars and the reduction of complex carbohydrates. The ketogenic diet, therefore, requires you to give up most of your fruit (most fruits contain large amounts of sugar). This topic raises a lot of controversy among both supporters and opponents of the diet.
However, there are fruits that meet the requirements of the ketogenic diet. For example, the properties of strawberries mean that they can be used by people on a diet. Strawberries (next to e.g. raspberries, blackberries or blueberries) are fruits with the lowest available carbohydrate content.
What’s more, strawberries are the fruit they contain more vitamin C than citrus fruits (which seems unbelievable), have a positive effect on the immune system, and also have a positive effect on the heart: they lower blood cholesterol and lower blood pressure. In addition, they have a high iron content, which is why they are a very important component of the female diet.
Strawberry shake, not only healthy but also delicious, is a great solution for hot days. And it’s extremely easy to make! Works great for breakfast and during the day.
Be sure to try it!
Keto strawberry smoothie recipe
- Preparation time: 8 minutes Cooking time: 0 minutes | Servings: 2
- approx. 80 grams of strawberries
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 cup of greasy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 drops of liquid stevia (optional)
- Rinse thoroughly and peel the strawberries.
- Pour almond or coconut milk and fatty cream into a blender.
- Add strawberries along with vanilla extract (and stevia if you like).
- Mix everything at high speed until completely combined, until a creamy consistency is obtained. Bon Appetit!
Nutritional values in keto strawberry smoothie
Nutritional values per serving:
- Fat: 86% (49 g)
- Protein: 5% (3 g)
- Net carbohydrates: 9% (5 g)
- kcal: 430